It's simple. Recommend giffgaff to your friends and family or help your fellow members in our forums and we'll give you Payback points twice a year. Here are a few ways to earn points:
- Send SIMs to your friends to earn 500 points for every activated SIM
- Share your personalised SIM order page to earn 500 points for every activated SIM ordered from you.
- Recommend friends with your member name when they order a SIM to earn 200 points
- Help out giffgaff members in our forum. Points are added to your "My Payback" widget on the 5th of every following month.
Our Payback currency is pennies (1 point = 1 penny).
We collect all the points you earn and send monthly email statements. Twice a year (June and December) choose how to use your points:
- Cashback via PayPal (only eligible if you've earned more than 1,000 points)
- airtime credit for your mobile
- Donate it to charity selected by our members
To be eligible for Payback you must have an active giffgaff SIM, used your phone within 3 months before 29 MAY 2015, own a positive Payback points balance and have upheld our Terms and Conditions.
Making your choice
- If you decide to redeem your Payback points as cash you will need to add your PayPal email address (for your active PayPal account) via the payback widget. You can only select cash if you've earned more than 1,000 points.
- If you want to donate your Payback to charity, we'll make sure it goes to the charity chosen by our members and we'll match the total amount donated by all giffgaff members - pound for pound.
- If you redeem your Payback for airtime credit, your points will be added to your account balance as airtime credit.
Confirmed dates for the next Payback period (earned between 01 DECEMBER 2014 - 31 MAY 2015):
- 11.59pm 08 JUNE - Payback selection closes
Select cashback, airtime credit or donate to charity through My Payback.
- 31 MAY - Payback period ends
- 03 JUNE - Payback points statement displayed
- 04 JUNE - airtime credit Payback processed
If you selected this option before 11:59pm 03 JUNE we will include you in an early Payback.
- 09 JUNE - remaining Payback begins to be processed
Please note different Payback options may be processed at different times.
You can select your Payback option up until 11:59pm 08 June 2015. Earning Payback points is continuous, but only the ones collected before 11:59pm 31 May 2015 will be paid in the June 2015 Payback.
Setting up relationships with all the UK's banks is too expensive and too time consuming for a low cost business like giffgaff.
Offering this would create too much complexity for our small team to implement. We recommend selecting the cashback option then use your extra pounds as you see fit.
If you haven't made a choice by the cut-off point of 08 June 2015 (11:59pm), your Payback points will be rolled over to the next Payback period. They cannot, however, be rolled over to a second Payback period.
We will send you a statement on 03 June 2015. You will also be able to see your points within a new section of the site on or around the same date.
If you have questions about your individual statement, ask one of our agents. All general Payback queries can be answered in our forum.
If you don't select your Payback option, points will roll over to the next Payback period. They cannot, however, be rolled over to a second Payback period.