It's simple - if you do something for us we'll say thanks and give you some points back. There are a few ways to earn points:
- Send SIMs to your friends and get 500 points for each one that's activated
- Share your personalised SIM order page and get 500 points for all activated SIMs that were ordered from that page.
- If a friend puts your member name as recommender when ordering a SIM you'll get 200 points
- You'll also earn points by helping other giffgaffers out in our forum
Our Payback currency are pennies. So 1 point = 1 penny.
We'll be collecting all the points you earn and send you monthly statements by email. Twice a year (First days of June and December), you'll get to choose what to do with the points you've earned until that date:
- Get it back as cash via PayPal (only eligible if you've earned more than 1,000 points)
- Get it as airtime credit for your phone
- Donate it to Charity. The charity chosen by our members
To be eligible for Payback you must have an active giffgaff SIM, have used your phone within 3 months before 31 MAY 2013, have a positive Payback points balance, not be in breach of any of our standard Terms and Conditions.
Making your choice
- If you decide to get your payback points as cash you will need to add your PayPal email address (for your active PayPal account) via the payback widget. You can only select cash if you've earned more than 1,000 payback points.
- If you want to donate your payback to charity, we'll make sure it goes to the charity chosen by our members. And, the total amount donated by all giffgaff members will be matched by giffgaff - pound for pound.
- If your decision is to get your payback points as airtime credit, your payback points will be added to your account balance as airtime credit.
The next payback period will be happening the first week of June. These are all the key dates:
- Today - 12 JUNE - Make your choice online. During this period you'll have to go to My Payback and choose how you want to receive your Payback (as cash, as airtime or donate them to charity).
- 31 MAY - Current Payback period ends. We'll collect all the points you've earned from 01 DEC until midnight on 31 MAY.
- 01 JUNE - 04 JUNE - giffgaff tallies your points. Any points earning activity by you or your friends that happens after midnight on 31 MAY will be captured and paid out in December 2013's payback.
- 05 JUNE - Final points statement is displayed. You'll receive the final points statement around 05 JUNE.
- 10 JUNE - First credit payments are processed. If you selected credit before midnight 05 JUNE we will include you in an early Payback payment which will be processed from 10 JUNE.
- 13 JUNE - The remaining payment starts to get processed. We will start processing your payments on 13 JUNE and will take a different amount of time depending on the option you choose.
You can make a choice anytime from today to the 12 June 2013. You can continue earning points anytime, but only the ones that are collected before midnight 31 May will be paid in June 2013's payback.
Setting up relationships with all the UK's banks is too expensive and too time consuming for a low cost business like giffgaff.
Offering this would create too much complexity for our small team to implement. If you want to divide your payment please take it as cash and then use the cash as you see fit.
If you haven't made a choice by midnight 12 June 2013, your payback points will be rolled over to the next payback period. They cannot however be rolled over to a second payback period
We will send you a points statement on or around 05 JUNE 2013. You will also be able to see your points within a new section of the site on around the same date.
If you have questions about your individual statement ask a question to one of our agents here. If it's a general query about Payback feel free to pop it up on the forum.
If you don't make a selection during the selection window, points will roll over to the next points period. If they are not then claimed during the following selection period they will expire.