1. What are cookies?
2. What are cookies used for?
In order to help you, cookies may be used to:
- Limit the frequency with which you will see particular advertisements or announcement from giffgaff on our website;
- Identify your defaults where you have customised your profile;
- Keep track of how many times you do specific things, such as posting in the forums;
- Track where you have come from if you were referred to our website;
- Provide you with self-help information; and
- Make our offers more relevant to you by taking into account your response to previous, similar offers.
3. These cookies are used by giffgaff to maintain personal preferences
napasessionID, napaUser, napald
- These are needed for member log-in
VISITORID, !lithiumSSO, lithiumSSO:napa
- These link your profile with Lithium - the platform used for the community and the blog
- Used for mobile browsers who wish to view the full site
4. Third party cookies
Aw + id, AW (Flash cookie), _AW_M_+id
- Set when you click on an Affiliate link to give an idea of the site you've come from
- Used when you click on an advert, so that you don't get served the same ad lots of times
- Set when you click an advert to let giffgaff and AW know where you went after seeing the Advert
Addvantage, AdFonic, AdNetic, Affectv, Invite Media, Audience 2 Media, Clickbrokers, Ebay, Exchange Lab, Gumtree, Interactive Media, Invite Media, IPT, Linking Mobile, MSN, Specific Media, Quantcast, Struq, Yahoo, Youth Media
- Used for tracking visits, retargeting and tracking SIM orders
We also use Flashplayer for our video content, Adobe uses Flash Cookies (Local shared objects) to improve user experience.
If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings . Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies for giffgaff.com you'll unable to access certain types of content on the site, such as videos.
5. How do I manage cookies?
You can accept or decline cookies. Most PCs automatically accept them but you can modify your browser settings to decline them if you wish. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your browser (or your mobile phone's manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You can also decline the use of certain third party advertising by visiting this site please note we’re not responsible for content contained on this site.
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the giffgaff site may not work on your PC/mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies.
Finally, please note that advertisers and other third parties (such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter) may use their own cookies when you click on their advertisement or link to their site, on or from our website. These third parties are responsible for setting their own cookie and privacy policies.
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org.